The One Where He Turns His Blog Into a Task List

This will be a quick blog post since I’ve been swamped with things going on, but quick is better than none right?

So, graduation is now less than one month away…

WHAT!?

Yeah, so we graduate on May 8th, and there is so much to do between now and then.   I think I’m going to list them here as it might be interesting to those who may be reading this blog wondering what the EAE experience is like right at the end, and it will be a place I can look back at to remind myself what I need to be working on!

• Wrap up production on All Is Dust- This seems obvious, but it’s something that needs to happen.  We need to get in the work that is outstanding and make the final build.  This will happen within the coming week.
  • Publish All Is Dust-  This is the big one, the one that’s going to take the most time, but it’s also the most important.  We’re shooting for publishing on a few different platforms.  I’ve spoken with one of the founders of wearvr.com and he says they’d love to have our game there, so we’ll definitely be with them soon.  In addition to that platform we’re submitting to Desura, the Oculus Share platform, and we’re going to try our hand at Steam Greenlight.  We learned a lot watching the VERY successful Greenlight campaign of our classmates at Retro Yeti, so we hope to take those lessons and give our game the best chance it has.  Oh and BTW their game is releasing on the 16th, go get it HERE!
  • Prepare the thesis defense- This is another biggie.  This is where our team defends the work we’ve done and justifies why we feel they should give us degrees.  No biggie…
  • Prepare for the final playtest- This feels like it’s less of a playtest and more celebrating the work we’ve done as a cohort, but we need to make sure we have the build in a good place for it on Tuesday.
  • The final All Hands presentation-  John is taking the lead on this one, but it’s a significant one so I’ll help as much as I can.  We can probably double-dip a lot of the thesis defense material as well.
  • Make my level for Virtual Worlds-  I’ve chosen Disney Infinity 2.0 to make a level for, and the editor is VERY user friendly, but even so making a fun level is a sizeable amount of work.
  • Edit rules for the Paper Prototyping class-  In paper prototyping we all designed a board game, and now we’re swapping our rulesets with another classmate in order to have two perspectives on them.  So we need to take the rules we’ve been given and try to enhance and clarify.

I am like 100 percent sure I’m overlooking something, but these are the big things that are on my plate.  It’s a lot, and I’m working a full-time job now too, but it feels doable.

Oh yeah, I haven’t said on the blog.  I started doing QA at Disney about a month ago!  It’s a great learning experience for me and I work with some great people.  The game we’re working on is being announced next month I believe so when that happens I can talk more openly about it, but it’s I can tell you it’s great!

Thanks for reading and letting me use this blog post as a task-list.  I’ll try to follow up with another short post next Sunday.