About Me

My name is Travis Turner, and I’m so excited to be studying video game production as part of the Entertainment Arts and Engineering Program at the University of Utah!  Prior to starting this program I received my Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Brigham Young University.  I love learning and working with other people and I’m so pleased to have the opportunity to be surrounded by so many other talented individuals.

I have a profound interest in the relationship between gaming and society.  I believe that as video gaming continues to become increasingly accepted by the public- as art medium, arena of study or just simple pastime- it will be a powerful lens for the examination of the society that embraces it.  What do the games we play say about our desires?  Is our fascination with games healthy?  Can these games be used to steer society in a certain direction?  These are the types of questions that I hope to examine.

Tweet me @tarvusthegreat and I’ll be sure to respond!  Or you can reach me at traviseturner@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!

headshot