So progress on the game is good. I’ve built a build kit for the producers and they’ve used it to start building levels on their own, which should greatly reduce the amount of effort we need to expend to do that. I’ve also put a lot of assets into the kits, which makes room construction even better. I’m tired of all our rooms being full of boxes and cubes. Now we can put actual stuff in the rooms.
We’re having some engineering problems, especially because one of the engineers has been repeatedly absent. But the producers are on top of it, and the other engineers have been great in picking up the slack. They’ve been solving some major engineering problems, and I really liked our team. Us artists are also working very well together, which is a great thing. We’ve never had a really major art argument, which I’ve seen derail art teams in the past.
I think one thing that is really helping that is the face that each of us has fallen into a category of production. I’m working on the modular parts, Chris is doing level design, Sherry is doing lighting, and Jing is doing concept art. This division keeps us busy and we don’t step on each other’s toes.