Full Speed Ahead!

We are moving along at a very quick pace. We have completed a bunch of our project well ahead of  our original deadlines. We are moving so fast that my role on the engineering team is taking a back seat to my role as the lead designer. Basically, everything that can be worked on at this point is already being worked on. This has put a bunch of pressure on me as basically the only designer to be pumping out quality design choices that impact our game in a positive way.

Here is a list of things that are already done:

Movement
Level Editor
Pule System(grid UI)
Collection system
UI text pop-up system
Basic AI system
Partial AR level 1
Gameloop
Aumakua Narrative System
Link Grid system to Character
Title / UI elements

Design is one of the hardest things I have ever encountered in this program so far. When I just worry about programming, It is simply a matter of getting my portion of the code done. even as a lead programmer, my goal is just to make all the pieces that we have work together nicely. With design, it feels like I have no limitations, but at the same time, i have no guides either. I am hoping to improve my skills as a designer by talking more about the design with professors and colleagues, playing more games similar to ours, and perhaps reading up a bit online as well as watching YouTube videos related to the theory around design.