Skip navigation

Its been a crazy two weeks. We’ve been preparing for GDC and the Intel event, and have been pumping out levels, polish, fixes, tweaking….basically everything. We added a shift to sprint, since the game is about speed, reworked the ability to destroy inhibitors into a speed burst, which blows up the inhibitor which you hit, then removed the shift to sprint, because having two different buttons to speed up didn’t make sense. Yeah, all that happened over two weeks. The Speed Burst
The decal update proved to be amazing, as we have three levels finalized and with art, and 5 more test levels ready to go. The UI has also been updated, and the level loading has now been changed to give a much smoother and seamless experience. With the reduced level size, and the new loading, the players don’t even see a loading screen anymore. We have also been working on a new GDC trailer, which looks really good. These past two weeks, I’ve been all over the place, helping out pretty much everyone on stuff they’ve been working on, fixing bugs, ALL THE BUGS. We all decided to go for Steam Greenlight, and will be launching our campaign over GDC. Another major change that happened, was that we had been waiting for Unreal 4.7 to drop for a while, as we’ve had a lot of problems with UMG in 4.5, and 4.6 had fixed those, but broke all the materials that Joe had been working on. So Tuesday morning, we decided to update to 4.6, and lock engine version on that. So after spending an hour upgrading to 4.6 and getting everyone on the team on that version, end of class, 4.7 was released. We immediately decided to upgrade to 4.7, and have now engine locked to 4.7. Yeah, we changed engine versions a week before GDC. We crazy like that. See you after GDC!

Leave a Reply