My Contribution to the Project
For the second Rapid Prototyping project I worked on the following.
- The basic UI, Boot-Loader, Start Menu, Level Selection.
What would I do next time?
I would like to handle the animation scripts next time.
What did I learn from participating in this process?
Positive lessons learned
- Working with a team at a professional level.
- Time management.
- Thought process of other teammates.
- Things that are needed to improve the gameplay with the ideas we have, which can be developed in time.
- Not complicating the project more than it is necessary.
- Using a level editor.
Negative lessons learned
- Even though we completed our prototype early we didn’t concentrate on adding new features.
Input form EAE faculty
I think that the faculty did a great job in giving feedback on what features we should concentrate on doing, because since this prototype is a rip-off of an arcade game, we had many ideas as extension but we were told what is necessary to complete the project in time.
For this prototype I would grade myself an A- to B because I was not available for the team meetings during the last week of the project due to fever and moreover there is always a chance of improvement.