Week 9 and 10 – Spring break, a time for reflection, and macaroni and cheese burgers.

It’s so weird. It’s so unequivocally weird. I will have a game on Steam. It took me a while to kind of internalize that whole thing with everything going on, but over spring break I had a little time to just kind of sit and think it through and talk it over. I still get tingly just thinking about it. But it didn’t stop there

We were awarded a grant from Unreal. For $13,000. $13,000. That’s a lot of money. We didn’t expect that at all when we applied for the grant. We thought we’d be so lucky to get even like $100 for our dinky student game, but someone somewhere believed in us and the game enough to give us a lot of money.

It’s weird. I keep saying that I know, but it’s just weird. It’s crazy to have outside approval of the game, and in such glorious amounts. Seriously though, it means we have something special, which is a really good feeling.

Know was else is a good feeling? Being number one in the world. The rankings for EAE were just released to the public, and we are the #1 Graduate and #2 Undergraduate program in the world! I’m kind of feeling really fulfilled right now, which is something I’ve been struggling with for a while. The program is doing well, I like to think I had a small part to play in that, and the game is doing really well!

We have a hard launch date now, of April 16th. It seems so far away, but it’s really in like 3 weeks. There’s still so sosososososo much to do, so the next few weeks will be rough, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, however dim it might be.