Audio System

I was able to put together an audio system in FMOD that works pretty well. I took just a sine wave tone and some white noise and made a makeshift drum set and simple synth inside FMOD. I then wrote a simple chord progression and rhythm to test out the system I want to create for the game. I used nested events in FMOD to build the music from a simple sound to more and more complex song segments and then once those song segments were done, I tried to figure out a way to use the parameters explained in last week’s post to control the audio for the weapon sounds so that they could be controlled by the chord progression of the music. I was able to get the simple system working pretty well, but now that it is working, I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to make it work at the level I want in the time that I have. I really want the audio in this game to have something about it that I can point to and say “this is why the audio is awesome in this game,” but I just haven’t figured out what that might be that I could finish in the time that we have left for the game. I’ll have to put some thought into this one.