Week 3

January 27 and 29, 2015.

From the syllabus:  “Prototype teams forms, prototypes begin (Hunger Games Model).”

By Tuesday morning, egos and projects start to fall like dominoes.

I have already put my name down by BSTS, the Behavioral Smart Training Suite, a police ethics training simulator, as a backup, in case not enough people sign on for 1984: The Commercial: The Game. I choose this team because I am interested in government contracts and because I had lunch with Ahmad and a few others the week before, and found him pleasant to talk with. Ahmad always seems to have a smile on his face. I also believe the project has the potential to save lives, something I’ve missed since graduating from seven years in the Utah Army National Guard.

My second choice is the War Photojournalism game, which is cut during the Industry Panel a few weeks later.

Thursday we begin work on the prototype, and I start to get to know Ahmad, Eric Allen, Earl Kirkland, and Huang Shen Lo (Mike), my teammates for the prototype. I put together Trello and Slack boards for the group and we all post articles and scenarios to a secret Facebook group.

The journey begins!