Week 13

April 7 and 9, 2015.

From the syllabus:  “Sprint – Checkpoint Presentation (BUILD DUE)”

The urgent need this week is to get an Emotiv.  I track the location of one on campus down, and Bob sends an email to the department seeing if we can get our hands on it.

Not long after, we have our answer!  An Emotiv EPOC is on its way!

At some point we plan to transition to the Emotiv Insight, but that is currently only available to the company’s Kickstarter supporters.Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.18.37 PM

I bring in a dozen jelly, lemon, and Bavarian creme filled Dunkin Donuts one day, the first I’ve had since I was eleven living on the East Coast.  My elementary school used to buy us donut holes, which I enjoyed in between designing my first games on paper.  Donuts are also thematic for our game, given the inseparable relationship of police and donuts, arguably eclipsed only by Homer Simpson and donuts.  Next time I talk to POST, I should ask what they think of the new Raspberry Cheesecake Square donuts.  Mmm…

I once programmed a Krispy Kreme donut calculator that tells you how much weight you will gain if you eat X number of donuts per day for Y days.  I have a friend who used to deliver donuts every night to convenience stores.  They let him eat a dozen every night and he would eat a dozen day old donuts on the way home.  My calculator data comes from his experience and may not hold up with Diet Coke drinking teenage women.  Think we should include the calculator in B.E.S.T. as an Easter egg?

Now if I can distill the formula that makes a good donut so addictive into my future games…

Dunkin-Donuts-Cheesecake-Squares