Week 14

April 14, 16, and 17, 2015.

We show off our game to Roger and Bob and a new Asian professor who is trying out to be part of EAE’s faculty.  The visitor gives us advice on neural networks and asks insightful questions.

9780804165815Afterward, Shahbaz and I pick up Tandoori food cart Indian food for the team, hoping to keep the sprint moving at a spicy, feverish pace.  According to the book SCRUM: How to Do Twice the Work in Half the Time by the co-creator of SCRUM, Jeff Sutherland, a big part of the process, at least for Producers, is keeping people in Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi style Flow.  While not officially prescribed by Mihaly or Jeff, food is fast becoming an official Team B.E.S.T. Flow ingredient.

For fellow fans of audiobooks, you can now listen to the Nightingale Conant executive edition of Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience on Audible.

On Friday, I attend the Utah Governor’s Economic Summit, thinking I can invite the Governor and other top people to come to EAE Day, though I am sure he is booked months in advance.  More than 1,000 people are present in the Grand Ballroom of the Grand America Hotel, each of whom pays $175 to $200 to attend.

Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.47.03 PMAfter attending a breakout session, I meet with people representing Goldman Sachs, who personally invite me to participate in their 10,000 Small Businesses program starting this August!  I would be part of Cohort 7 or 8.  Using programs they will introduce me to, we may be able to raise between $75,000 and $300,000 in government grants to continue development of B.E.S.T. into a full commercial product without having to raise equity. 🙂

I also hope to work with them to establish a contract game studio sometime in the future.