Web Summit ALPHAS!

Thursday, July 21, 2016.

official-alpha On July 11, 2016, BEST Police Training was selected for the Alpha track of Web Summit 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal!  Not only will this give B.E.S.T. Police Training Simulator exposure to 500 to 1,000 investors, but it should help us make connections in Europe, where we already have early interest from two countries.  (We also have interest from one country in Africa and one in the Middle East.)

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 9.22.07 AMI am already in Prague for 3.5 weeks meeting with mentors at Royal Business Academy. I will be in Europe from July 9th to August 6th, and my meetings so far have included Dan Peterson, founder of Peterson Partners, Jeff Brownlow of Fifth Partners, Bret and Kate Grow of LinkTrust, and Davis Smith, founder of Cotopaxi, whose previous successful companies include PoolTables.com and Baby.com.br in Brazil.  I have one on one meetings later today with Jeremi and Rebecca Brewer of Elevate Global, Brad Bacigalupi of ClearPlex and Wendy Briggs of The Team Training Institute.

We’ve also been taught by Spencer Rogers and Patrick Sedivy, founders of Royal Business Academy and lifelong entrepreneurs.  RBA takes place at a $12 million hotel they purchased for this purpose, Hotel Stamberk.

Boots-to-BusinessSimultaneously, I am taking an eight week government contracting course online through Boots 2 Business, a follow up to a shorter course I attended in Elko, Nevada in behalf of B.E.S.T.  Syracuse University teaches the SBA sponsored course for Veterans.

Cesky

For fun and business purposes, I’ve also collected drone footage of Prague and Cesky Krumlov that will help my aerial drone cinematography business, MovieStudio.com Global Drone Cinematography.  The most fun was a challenging shoot of a river trip down the Vltava River, starting in Cesky Krumlov.  I also have some great aerial shots of Hluboka Castle.

Some of my footage will be part of promotional videos for Royal Business Academy.  I plan to expand our services at some point to underwater cinematography, 360 degree video, and drone based VR.  I have some underwater cinematography experience from three years ago, just prior to starting EAE, and one of my drone pilots does, too.  We are still figuring out how to package the service and will have to put together a demo reel after I get back.

mars-one-banner-set-1-720_300As B.E.S.T. grows, my pilots can do most of the actual shooting work at MovieStudio.com, but for now, it is something I really enjoy, a welcome diversion post-EAE.  I may even get to shoot for Mars One in August!

More updates to come…