Week 7

Monday, February 22, 2016.

I set an appointment to meet with a potential client for a new game studio.  The project would be worked on alongside B.E.S.T. and could improve the health of millions of people if successful.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016.

Lots of minor details to discuss as we refine B.E.S.T.  I look for spark effects for our primary scenario and look into more music and sound effects.

Nidal has an impressive dramatic “bad ending” animation working, though we need to make it obvious the conflict is self-defense and not “an eye for an eye” revenge.

Shahbaz is testing a new, more detailed model for our main citizen-suspect character, and we are also working on the daughter, who until now has had a stand in model that looks about ten years older than the character is written to be.

1476560_10153805147546550_6918236640421352935_nWe were supposed to play test at The Void late this afternoon, but Ahmad is sick and much of The Void staff is still in Vancouver, disassembling their impressive set pieces from TED Dream.  Lots of good publicity for them last week!  Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, and Sylvia Earle were among their famous play testers.  Sylvia is a personal hero for her deep sea diving research. Think Neil Armstrong or Buzz Aldron underwater.  (I love scuba diving and am finishing my advanced lessons.)

Generally speaking, what is good for The Void is good for B.E.S.T. and vice versa!

steven-spielberg-the-void-1021x580Steve Rosenbaum of Forbes: “Imagine the best rollercoaster, the best haunted house, the best video game you’ve ever watched or been in, and it’s 10 times better than that!”

Steven Spielberg after trying The Void:  “Woah, that was a great adventure!”

Question for Team B.E.S.T.:  How can B.E.S.T. get a similar reaction from police officers as The Void demo got from Spielberg or Rosenbaum?

Thursday, February 25, 2016.

I work on a particle effect for the garage scene that should look great in VR…

This afternoon I have a meeting with a potential client for a new studio.  (See Monday.)  I’d write more, but should prepare…