Points, Badges, Leaderboards

A few points, badges, and leaderboard positions I’ve accumulated in the process of studying Game Design and Gamification:

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 11.36.33 PM

“Gaming God”, my Latest Steam Promotion, for surpassing 2,000 games in my Steam account on May 6, 2015.

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 9.41.20 PMMake that 3,000 games as of December 15, 2015…  Not quite as cool a title…  “Accrual Expert?”

I aScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.50.27 PMm also a Community Leader on Steam.

2013-10-07-12-23

I am Level 2 Gamification certified by Gabe Zichermann’s Engagement Alliance, and hope to finish Level 3 in 2016.

People’s Choice Award, Climate Game Jam 2015!

This was considered first place for the event, though everyone was a winner.

My “Solar City” game design was picked by judges from Wildworks, a school teacher, and The Hogle Zoo to be the best of show, and the game they would most like to see made into a real game!

The Climate Game Jam took place October 2 – 3, 2015.

The game is being evaluated by the White House, sponsor of the event, for possible inclusion in the Smithsonian.

WyS+BVGrand Prize, Utah Indie Game Jam 2015, for “The Wishing Well.”

Best Gameplay, Utah Indie Game Jam 2015, for “The Wishing Well.”

Most Innovative Game Design, Utah Indie Game Jam 2015, for “The Wishing Well.”

Left Field Award (Most Artistic / Indie), Utah Indie Game Jam 2015, for “The Wishing Well.”

Best Music, Utah Indie Game Jam 2015, for “Bag of Secrets.”

Best Educational Game, Utah Indie Game Jam 2015, for “Bag of Secrets.”

I take less credit for the last two awards, but I was Producer on both teams, nicknamed Katamari 1 and 2 after Katamari, a Japanese game character that rolls around picking up random objects until it gets big enough to pick up entire houses!  I recruited seven total people to our team before discovering that we could only have four people on a team if we were competing for the Indie Speed Run prizes.

3D ArtWe split into two teams, with me the Producer on both. One other engineer decided to set out on his own, so we also split the composer, Kenneth, between both teams, and he deserves the primary credit for the Best Music award.  “The Wishing Well” project took most of my time, but I did what I could to help the “Bag of Secrets” team brainstorm a strong idea and provided support as needed.

The Utah Indie Game Jam 2015 took place October 10 to 12, 2015 at the Business Resource Center in Orem, Utah.

Update:  Bag of Secrets is a top ten finalist in Indie Speed Run 3.0 for Best 3D Art!  (6 December 2015)

FullSizeRenderUpdate:  B.E.S.T. has been selected as a semi-finalist for Microsoft’s Imagine Cup 2016!  (21 December 2015)

Update:  Make that a finalist! 🙂  Thank you Microsoft!!  (11 February 2016)

Update:  Make that National Finals Winner!  (31 March 2016)

More to come…  This page is a work in progress!