Prototype IV

This was the last prototype and all were excited to give their best in it. There was subtle change in this prototype; we were allowed to choose our team members and we come up with this team.

Team Electromag

Team Electromag

Another best part was we can develop whatever we want to build. This seems easy, but it is hard when we start to coming up with the idea. We almost took two hours discussing on what to build. Our producer, Cameron, came up with the interesting idea of making a game based on a mechanics, Electromagnetism. The game mechanics was based on influence of a charge particle when it goes into magnetic field. And it works according to left hand thumb rule.

LeftHandOutlineAnother best part of this prototype was that we need to use Unreal Engine. Initially, almost all of us were struggling using this engine due to lack of good documentation. But after watching tutorial videos from Unreal team, it was somewhat easier.

After a one and half week, we came up with the basic build. Interestingly, we finish up the basic working build within three weeks. The game was looking beautiful with art and particle systems. Our game was needing few good levels; Thanks to Cameron and Omey for designing two good levels. We polished the game as per the first game play feedback from Roger.

Best part with this prototype was that we were showing our games to the EAE open house event. In the event, we got positive feedback and most of the gamers liked the game mechanics.

Prototype III

This was our third prototype after Fall Break. In this prototype, we have been asked to design a serious games. Serious games are games which are meant to help people in interactive way (via the way of fun). Help could be expedite the learning process of a student or it could be helping patients to recover from a disability. We also have to come up with something like that. In this prototype, we have been asked to use design box for coming up with the idea. Our team did the brainstorm session of it to come up with the idea of making game to show the problem pertaining to training center at Ebola camps. Initially our motto was to make the game to help the aid workers to understand the procedure at training centers.

Design Box - Ebola

Design Box – Ebola

CroIndia Team - Ebola Clinic

CroIndia Team – Ebola Clinic – Amit(Me), Shehbaz, Mate, Rohan, Saurabh, Aditya (Left to Right)

After a week, we decided to change the problem part of our game. We changed the game from tutoring to the problems associated to the outbreak of Ebola. Our producer, got an expert view: it has been found that the major reason of Ebola outbreak is lack of money. We decided to show this with serious strategy based game. We need to make the game using Unity engine.

Ebola Clinic

Ebola Clinic

Prototype II

In this prototype, we have been asked to create a mod of arcade game published before 1985. All of our team members searched and concluded to make a mod on Tapper.

Team Lipo lab

Team Lipo lab, Nick, Cameron, Amit (Me), Spencer, Earl and Nidal (Left to Right)

Our Producers and artists came up a game idea “Lipo Lab”. The idea was that doctors will sucking out the fats from the patients coming to the hospitals. And the doctor  will make money out of the collected the fat ( more the fat, more money). We have been asked to use Flash for the development. And the most weird part was that none of the engineers ever worked using it. Interestingly, all three engineers started learning and came up with the first build using different APIs/Engine for Flash. It was really hard ass job for us to integrate all in one. Well we did it !!. Our awesome artists, created nice art work for the game. They were sync with the environment and they were really looking great.

character_walk_right_1 Fatty_NearAfter two and half weeks, our game was working but it requires certain polishing and integration. Our awesome producer, Cameron, asked us to come on a weekend to finish everything. And the weekend build was awesome. Everyone came early morning and left after finishing everything. Click here to download and play our game.

Lipo Lab

Liposuction Environment

Liposuction Environment

 

Rapid Prototyping I

This was the first prototype of the semester. We have been said, we will be making different games throughout the semester in the class. Hope it will be fun!! . Firstly, all of us were assigned to particular team comprising of producer, artists, technical artists and Engineers. The team I was assigned to was having five other members. In this prototype, we have been told that we will be getting some toys and we need to come up with a game idea out of it and build it using MonoGame technology.

BatSim Team

BatSim Team

And we got rat, bat and some spiders. All of us were confused what to make out of it. We discussed for like an hour and decided to make a Platformer game where our ‘Bat’ is the player which is lost somewhere and it has to reach to its home through a cave having rats and spiders (sounds good, it was having all the creatures from the toys).

Start Menu

Start Menu

Level II layout

Level II layout

Lost

Lost

After a week, one of our Engineer made the basic code base and we were able to move characters in the game. We also decide to include additional features in the game like Sonar, Bat can have higher view port if sonar is activated else it would have a lesser view port. With three and half weeks of work, we were able to play the game on our build.

On the last day, we did the postmortem.

Post Mortem

Post Mortem