Skip navigation

Wow… this week has been crazy!!!  Having to make a game in 3 weeks is not a easy task.  This team has really grown and matured as a collective group.  This has been on of my hardest times as a producers, but one of my most fulfilling.  There were many issues between teams and as a producer one of my jobs were to settle the fire and rally the troops.  Eventually we all got on the same page and now we are now a well oiled machine.  It is amazing what a team meeting and a crap ton of pizza can do for a team. 😉   I am very excited to pitch this game because Bob and Roger who said not to hold back on our topic, which I will not talk about right now in this post.  I have a feeling that we will be one of the most unique games that have came out of this program.  The team has worked very hard during the week and even all weekend to make the best game possible.  I owe it to them to do the best pitch to show how amazing the team is and how hard they have been working.

Now some information besides my prototype class… In my design class everyone has to do a 1 hour presentation about a certain topic and video games.  Our topic was religion and video games.  It was funny because our group was worried that we would not have enough information, but holy crap there is a ton of information out there about religion and gaming.  It was actually really interesting about how many games take parts of religion and put a twist on them.  Unlike older games who smash their belief down your neck.  It was a very interesting topic and I was very glad to have picked that topic and I cannot wait to hear all the other students lectures.

Furthermore, I am very excited to have fall break to actually be able to hang out with my wife and create this medical game for a competition.  So yes, if anyone from Cohort 6 reads this once you accept your acceptance the the U you better make sure that you really and truly love games…. not just playing but all aspects of gaming.  Even on break a group of friends are making games for medical educational purposes.   It does not help that the grand prize is $16,000 which would be very nice to have :).  We actually met with a doctor and explained our idea and she loved it and is willing to help us in any way possible.